Logo design is commonly believed to be one of the most important areas in graphic design, thus making it the most difficult to perfect. The logo, or brand, is not just an image; it is the embodiment of an organization. Because logos are meant to represent companies and foster recognition by consumers it is counterproductive to redesign logos often. A fictitious logo with a small color range and recognizable design relating to the fictitious company. When designing (or commissioning) a logo, practices to encourage is to
- Avoid being over-the-top in an attempt to be unique
- Use few colors, or try to limit colors to spot colors (a term used in the printing industry)
- Avoid gradients (smooth color transitions) as a distinguishing feature
- Produce alternatives for different contexts
- Design using vector graphics, so the logo can be resized without loss of fidelity
- Be aware of design or trademark infringements
- Include guidelines on the position on a page and white space around the logo for consistent application across a variety of media (a.k.a. brand standard manual)
- Not use a specific choice clip-art as a distinguishing feature
- Not use the face of a (living) person
- Not use photography or complex imagery as it reduces the instant recognition a logo demands
- Avoid culturally sensitive imagery, such as religious icons or national flags, unless the brand is committed to being associated with any and all connotations such imagery may evoke.
Website Outsourcing highly creative professional logo design team is continuously working to serve its clients with the most unique, sophisticated and contemporary logo design. We combine all our skills to provide you with a logo design that will portray your company's philosophy.
Our logo designers will work with you in budding the right 'look and feel' for your organization. They will not stop developing your new logo design until you are satisfied with it. Your satisfaction is what Website Outsourcing strives for.